Are weekends chaotic at your house?
This Saturday evening blog post drops into your electronic device around 5 pm eastern time. It’s a commitment I have kept for four years with few exceptions. One of those exceptions was December 2, 2017, our wedding day.
Sit down. Prop your feet on a foot stool. Read and rest.
Ten fast facts about me:
- As a teenager, I crocheted lace doilies to sell at the Wausau Farmer’s Market.
- When I was born in Goshen, Indiana, Dr. Abel wrote 5-23-1982 on my birth certificate. The date was June 23, but no one noticed his mistake until we went to get my driver’s permit.
- One of my weaknesses is turning to peanut butter to reduce stress.
- I have touched a living, beating human heart.
- Some day I want to have a green hill with several small black Angus calves.
- I’m a bit of an introvert but I love, love, love to take surveys and interview people. Strangers, no problem.
- My husband Marnell and I met January 23, 2016 at a women’s conference! (He was doing sound and I was speaking in one of the workshops.)
- I dream of returning someday to the hills of Amman, Jordan, where I went to interview Syrian refugees.
- Going on a cruise is NOT on my bucket list. I get seasick at the slightest provocation, like driving up Mt. Diablo in California.
- I wrote my first memoir, Blue Christmas, in roughly one month while in nursing school.